This is a lovely spring dish, fresh with the tangy lemon juice and flavorful grilled veggies from the market. I didn’t know what a simple hit I had created the first time I threw this together for our supper until we lingered over the table, trying to leave leftovers for lunches the next day. You can certainly use boxed linguine for this recipe, but it is outstanding with fresh, light, pillowy homemade linguine (all you need is a rolling pin and a knife!). We made it again for our couples supper club (kids too) and everyone loved it, no leftovers were to be had.
|Grilled Vegetable Linguine with Lemon Butter & Parmesan||
- Linguine Pasta
- Grilled Vegetables
- Peas (frozen thawed)
- Olive Oil
- Butter (Earth balance whipped)
- 3 organic lemons
- Garlic Salt
- Good fresh Parmesan (optional)
- Cook pasta.
- Spray a grill pan with olive oil, add your vegetables (add peas last 1 minutes of cooking). Season well with garlic salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, or until veggies color and smell sweet. Add peas last.
- Put hot pasta in serving bowl, add few tablespoons of butter and of good olive oil, stir.
- Zest 1-2 lemons and then squeeze juice from 1-3 into pasta, stir.
- Grate 1/2 cup of fresh Parmesan over, stir.
- Add grilled veggies, stir gently to combine, taste.
- Season as needed with butter, olive oil, Parmesan.