This turned into a phenomenal side dish. AJ and I had a free coupon to try Wegman’s Prepared Foods “Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots & Parsnips with Savory Finishing Sauce” and it was pretty good, so I looked up the sauce ingredients and decided to recreate a healthier version.
Wegman’s Finishing Sauce:Unsalted Butter, Balsamic Vinegar, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Sodium Benzoate [Preservative]), Tomato Paste, Water, Sugar, Ginger, Salt, Modified Corn Starch, Dried Onion, Citric Acid.
|Balsamic-Soy Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Carrots & Parsnips||
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts: Rinse, Cut off end stem and cut in half.
- 3-4 Parsnips: Rinse, Peel, Cut in bite size pieces
- 4 Carrots: Clean and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup Balsamic
- 2-3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons Organic Ketchup,
- 2-4 Tablespoons Butter (Earth Balance whipped spread)
- Put in baking dish, spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, Ginger powder, Onion Salt.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 30 minutes or until everything is fork tender.
- Pull out and pour sauce over veggies
- Mix to combine. Pop back in oven for about 5-10 more minutes while you finish setting the table and preparing other dishes (this would be fabulous paired with some oven broiled miso-salmon).