You'll have to bare with me since there's no picture yet to accompany this delicious 'burger'/cake but just trust us and make it, its crazy good!
Old Bay Zucchini Bean Cakes
: Cowgirl Beans
Our Eastern shore heritage had us craving crab cakes this summer. So we created these zucchini & chickpea cakes to satisfy our Old Bay tooth. If you pan fry them at the end they get the yummy crust and keep a moist interior just like the real deal.
- 2 large zucchinis (about 4 cups) shredded
- 2 cups cooked garbazno beans, mashed
- 2 scallions/green onions
- 11/2-2 cups whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1½ tbl dijon mustard
- 1 tsp vegan worcestershire sauce
- 5 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tbl vegan mayo (vegenaise etc)
- juice of 1 lemon
- Vegan mayo
- Chopped Pickles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Fold together your shredded zucchini, mashed beans, chopped scallions, 1/1/2 cup bread crumbs, mustard, worcestershire, Old Bay, mayo and juice of a lemon.
- If too wet to form patties, add a little more bread crumbs.
- Pour more breadcrumbs in a dish.
- Form mixture into patties (8-10), and coat sides in panko breadcrumbs from dish.
- Place on lightly sprayed cookie sheet, bake about 15 minutes to remove some of the moisture.
- Pan fry in a little oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel, serve with pickles, toasted bun or on a salad and "tartar-cocktail sauce"