I would love to take the credit for this one, but I found the base for this recipe in the magazine “Extraordinary Health”. So so yummy. I have a hard time not eating this one right out of the serving bowl…
|Lime & Avocado Quinoa Salad|
Recipe Type: Side
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 25 mins
This is a delicious and light summer dish, perfect for a picnic or a bbq by the pool. Leftovers are awesome wrapped in a nori sheet or a scoop on top of your veggie burger.
- 1 Cup Quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 tomatoes (or 5-6 small Campari), diced large
- 1-2 avocados, diced large
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 1-2 minced garlic cloves or heavy sprinkle garlic powder
- 3-4 tbl. lime juice
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- Add Quinoa to the bottom of a saucepan over medium heat, stir until toasted.
- Add 2 cups boiling water, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Let Quinoa cool.
- Put dressing ingredients in serving dish, add cooled Quinoa, toss until coated.
- Carefully toss tomato and avocado to incorporate.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, taste, adjust seasonings (add more cayenne/salt etc.)