Sometimes you just want a big ‘ole sandwich to sink your teeth into. I also wanted something flavorful enough to stand up to my delicious heirloom tomatoes. We loved the bite of the crisp tofu with the juicy warm tomato and creamy avocado on a toasted kalamata olive roll. This would be great on toasted multigrain bread too!
I was inspired when I saw this picture on Happy Healthy Life.
|Miso Lime Marinated Tofu Sandwich with Broiled Tomatoes & Avocado||
- package of firm or extra firm tofu
- 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbl. miso paste
- cracked black pepper
- garlic salt
- Heirloom tomato
- Daiya brand mozzarella “cheese” (optional)
- 2 whole grain rolls
- 1/2 an avocado
- Cut tofu block in half. Press tofu or use a kitchen towel to squeeze them dry.
- Whisk juice from lime, miso paste and few turns of cracked black pepper. Smear tofu with paste, heat a pan over high heat and spray with oil.
- Sear tofu on each side; (about 1-2 minutes per side) don’t move it until it’s browned, then flip.
- Sprinkle sliced tomato with garlic salt and then broil in oven with cheese (optional).
- Toast your rolls.
- Assemble with avocado slices and spinach.
Thank you so much Kathy at Happy Healthy Life for the inspiration! Yum! Check our her original recipe here.