Dino-what? As perplexed as the checkout people at the grocery store were, the two names I knew to look it up under were Dinosaur or Lacinato Kale and they couldn’t find it. Oye…few minutes later a checker sprinted back “Tuscan Kale”. Alrighty then, this yummy dark leafy green has 3 names. It’s also one of my favorite new things to eat in the following salad. Thanks to MommaPea over at Peas & Thank You for turning me onto this fabulous idea!
- 2 bunches of Dinosaur/Lacinato/Tuscan Kale
- 3-4 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 lime (or lemon)
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar (optional)
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Nuts/Seeds (Sunflower Seeds, Pistachios, or Pine nuts)
- Wash the kale and tear off the leaves leaving any very thick stems behind (save for smoothies or juicing). Briefly dry with kitchen towel or spin in salad spinner.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, add juice from citrus, Dijon, drizzle of Olive Oil, Squeeze of Honey, S&P. Splash of vinegar & Nutritional Yeast if using.
- Add Kale leaves, use hands to mix well. Taste, adjust dressing ingredients as needed (if too bitter add more honey etc.)
- Sprinkle with seeds or nuts. Yum!
Check out Peas & Thank You’s version here.