A cross between a raw cookie and a decadent graham cracker crust pie, this chocolaty dessert is easy enough for any night of the week.
Everyday Chocolate Cookie Pie
: Cowgirl Beans
I make this using almost exclusivity raw ingredients, especially raw nuts which give it it's creamy and rich consistency. As it is a rich desert, I have found a small square is decadent and filling enough for adult and child alike.
- 1½ cup nuts (almonds/walnuts)
- ½ unsweetened coconut
- ¼ cup dates (high quality medjool) or soaked store brand
- dash of salt
- 1⅔ cup dates
- ½-2/3 cup cashews
- ½ tsp vanilla
- dash salt
- 2 tbl. coco powder
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a mini cake pan or round bowl with parchment or plastic wrap, enough to come up and over the completed pie.
- In the food processor or high speed blender, blend the nuts, coconut, salt and ¼ cup dates. You want a crumbly, sand like consistency; the date will act as the binder. You should be able to squish it into a ball and it holds it's shape. Add dates one at a time until the right consistency.
- When ready, press into the bottom of your pan or bowl.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and you're able to make into a test ball. Taste tester : ) Adjust more cocoa powder etc. if needed. (Add chocolate chips at the very end-if using).
- Press evenly onto the top your crust layer. Lay the extra plastic wrap over the top and smooth it.
- Refrigerate to help firm.
- Thirty minutes to one hour before ready to serve, use plastic wrap to lift out of pan and peel off.