|Salsa Verde Black Bean & Sweet Potato Enchiladas with Cashew Sour Cream||
Recipe Type: Entree
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Ingredient Notes: Salsa verde is usually made with green chilies and or tomatillos. Chipotle in Adobo sauce are delicious red jalapenos that have been smoked, dried and canned in a light tomato sauce. They are smokey, sweet and hot. Start with one chopped in recipes and then add more as you like. They can be found in any grocery in the Mexican section. Cashew Cream: (optional but SO delish. To make you must use raw cashews that have been soaked in water for two hours-overnight. (unless you have a Vitamix which will pulverize anything- no soaking necessary). I didn’t measure exactly for the lemon and vinegar- so go scant with each and add more by the tsp. after you taste. You’ll know when it’s just right.
- 1 jar Salsa Verde
- 10 Corn Tortillas, warmed (if you skip warming they will break)
- 2 cups cooked or 1 can Black Beans
- 3 Cooked Sweet Potatoes
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
- Smoked Paprika
- fresh Spinach
- Cashew Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (cannot be roasted), soaked in water 2 hrs. prior
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Smash sweet potatoes in a bowl, add 1 chopped chipotle in adobo sauce and heavy sprinkle of smoked paprika. Taste, add more of both if needed.
- Pour half of the salsa verde in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place a tortilla in the sauce, move around a bit to get saucy, then smear sweet potato mixture down the middle. Add spoonful black beans and spinach.
- Roll up and push to edge of pan.
- Repeat until fillings are gone and or your pan is full of enchiladas nestled next to each-other.
- Pour remaining salsa verde over enchiladas.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes: you want them heated through and the tops of the tortillas browned and crispy.
- Serve enchiladas with a dollop of cashew cream and a salad with creamy avocado.
- Place soaked cashews, lemon juice, pinch of salt and vinegar in blender or food processor.
- Blend until thoroughly combined and creamy. Taste, add more of lemon, vinegar or salt as needed.