Sorry folks I can’t seem to find the pictures…you know what a yummy scone looks like though, right? I’ll just have to make them again soon. Can you hear AJ lamenting?
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Mmm Pumpkin Scones with spiced drizzle!
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry or white whole wheat flour (I used a mix of both)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar or Zsweet or sweetener of choice
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter (Earth Balance vegan)
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- heavy sprinkle cinnamon, pinch of nutmeg, ginger and cloves
- Preheat oven to 425
- Combine all dry ingredients. Add butter and use a fork to cut into the flour mixture. You want a crumbly texture like fine sand.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin and milk. Fold into dry ingredients,make a dough ball.
- On lightly floured large cutting board, form ball into large rectangle. Cut into 3 pieces. Then cut these into 4 so you have 12 total triangular pieces.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with oil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly browned and interior done (test with toothpick).
- While they cool on a wire rack, mix together your glaze until smooth. When scones have cooled for at least 30 minutes, drizzle glaze over tops….
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe