I was selected along with 28 other bloggers to participate in Kitchen Play’s “29 Ways to Leap into Jarlsberg Dip” event and giveaway. (Scroll down to see how you can win). Their new product is made with their well known Jarlsberg cheese, mayo and sweet red onion. I decided it would work terrifically with the flavors of my caramelized French Onion soup so I baked them together into these creamy, cheesy mushrooms.
|Jarlsberg French Onion Soup Mushrooms||
- Jarlsberg Dip
- Package Button or Baby Bella mushrooms, cleaned, stems removed and reserved
- 1-2 onions, sliced thinly + chopped mushroom caps
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbl. good dark balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Fresh Thyme, Salt & Pepper
- Heat your pan over medium heat and add mushroom caps
- Heat both sides until browning slightly, 1-2 min.
- Remove and set on cookie sheet or pan sprayed with olive oil
- Caramelize your onions-Respray pan lightly with olive oil, add onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium-low heat until begin to color a bit.
- Add balsamic and brown sugar.
- Stir to combine, reduce heat to low and let caramelize, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in Jarslsberg dip.
- Spoon filling into mushroom caps.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme, cracked pepper and kosher salt over tops.
Jarlsberg is offering a tailgate tote stocked with:
Jarlsberg Lite Cheese
- Jarlsberg Cheese Dip
- Snofrisk (Norwegian style cream cheese)
- Crisp breads
- Honey cremes
- Honey vinegar
The giveaway is hosted on Jarlsberg’s Facebook page here.
Head over to Kitchen-Play to see what other bloggers have created with the Jarlsberg dip.
They compensated me for the recipe development and ingredients.