A comforting, warm, meal ready in 20 minutes, using just your rice cooker. What are you waiting for?
Quick Fix: Rice Cooker Quinoa
: Cowgirl Beans
: entrée, Side
A quick and delicious meal of veggies and fluffy Quinoa cooked completely in the rice cooker!
- 1 Garlic clove, pressed or minced & ½ Onion diced
- ⅔ cup bite size broccoli & carrots
- Spices: Lemon Pepper or Garlic Salt & Pepper etc.
- 2½ cups water
- 2 Tbls.-1/4 cup organic Ketchup
- 1½ cups Quinoa
- Plug in rice cooker (or turn on stove w/small stockpot)
- Put in garlic, onion, let brown. Add other veggies.
- Once browned, add Quinoa, spices, and water.
- Stir, cover and leave to cook for about 12 minutes.
- Check taste and tenderness (add more water if too dry, add additional spices if needed).
- Let cook additional 4 minutes (or ours automatically turns to "warm")
- Serve in a mug