I love my new red, shiny Vitamix. It has the strength of 10 kitchen appliances and makes the most velvety smooth soup you’ve ever tasted. Did I mention it cooks it to the perfect temperature too? This was a quick fix soup I made the day it arrived, as in “QUICK, what do I have to throw in this puppy?”
|Cream of Broccoli Soup||
- 3 crowns of broccoli and or assorted greens (Bok Choy, Spinach etc.)
- Half an Onion, Sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Package of Silken Tofu or 1-2 Cups Milk (almond)
- Olive Oil
- Nutritional Yeast
- Clean broccoli and greens if using. Place with sliced onion in a baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Season heavily with cracked black pepper and lightly with salt, drizzle or spray with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-20 minutes.
- Place roasted veggies in blender, add 1/2 package of Tofu or 1 cup milk; Blend.
- Add few tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast.
- Taste, season with more S&P or Nut. Yeast if needed, adjust creaminess with more tofu/milk or water if too thick. If using Vitamix, blend on high for 4-5 minutes or until heavy steam comes through opening. If using conventional blender, pour into pot to heat up if desired.