OH MY GOODNESS this is good.
Known the world over in Raw & Vegan circles, “Raw Cookie Dough” is amazing. Try my version for a quick fix to your sweet tooth and comment what you think!
|Quick Fix Sweet Tooth: Raw Cookie Dough||
Recipe Type: Snack, Dessert
Prep time: 1 min
Total time: 1 min
To taste like actual dough, get good quality dates like Medjool. I’ve tried Sun-made and Amport “chopped dates” and they didn’t work quite as well, but still tasted good. The high quality get processed very smooth and become like brown sugar whereas the Amport and Sun-maid remain a bit chunky. I buy good quality Medjool dates at Costco in the produce section, usually by the pineapples and melons.
- 200 g (1 2/3 cups) good quality pitted Medjool dates
- 75 g (1/2-2/3 cups) cashews (raw, organic, unsalted are best)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup oats
- sprinkle sea salt
- handful chocolate chips
- almond milk (if needed)
- In the food processor, blend the dates, cashews, and vanilla.
- Add the oats, sea salt and chocolate chips and give a final whirl to stir in.
- (If too dry add a almond milk by the teaspoon).
- Form into balls (or eat with a spoon right out of the bowl like real cookie dough)….
- Keep leftovers in the fridge.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe