A quick and healthy breakfast that will fill you up and is ready in 1-2 minutes. I make a few jars at a time and stick in the fridge/lunchbox for the next few days. Done and done.
|Quick Fix: Overnight Oatmeal Cookie Oats||
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 4 mins
I keep a ready supply of frozen ripe bananas in a ziplock bag. Feel free to use the one on your counter, just mash well. I save all my glass PB, Brown Rice syrup etc. jars and reuse them for overnight oats. The possibilities are endless, try with a sprinkle of chocolate chips or a swirl of peanut butter.
- Half a frozen banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbl. – 1/4 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1-2 tsp. Chia Seeds
- Sweetener of choice (Agave, Honey or Zsweet)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Sprinkle of spices: Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves
- Almond milk
- sprinkle of raisins
- Stick banana in jar, microwave 20-40 seconds or until melted.
- Add oats, spices, vanilla, Chia seeds, raisins, sweetener, and enough milk to cover.
- Stir, taste, adjust seasonings & sweetener.
- Put on lid, stick in fridge overnight.
- Add more liquid if needed. Eat as is or microwave for 1 1/2- 2 minutes.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe