Need a healthy quick fix for supper before you pick up the phone and your wallet for take-out?
Look in the fridge, freezer or pantry for a few veggie options and throw this together in the time it takes the kids to set the table and pour the almond milk.
Corn, Bell & Poblano Pepper Fajita with Homemade Tortilla
- veggies, chopped bite size
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- spices (cumin, oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, chili peppers, cocoa powder)
- optional: cheese, sprouts, avocado, salsa, romaine lettuce
- Spray pan heated to medium high with olive oil
- Add 3-4 types of veggies (onion, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli)
- Saute for 3 minutes or until tender
- Add sprinkle at a time of spices and salt & pepper
- Add can of tomatoes
- Stir, taste, season more if needed.
- Let simmer until thickened 3-5 more minutes
- Serve in tortilla with desired accouterments