A creamy soup packed full of flavor from a quick roast in the oven with garlic and onions. The thickness and creaminess come from a surprising, low-fat, protein rich ingredient and the asparagus adds Vitamin K, Folate and anti-inflammatory properties. This recipe also works great with broccoli!
|Creamy Roasted Asparagus Soup||
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- Half an Onion, Sliced
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 Package of Tofu
- 1-2 Cups Milk (almond)
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or bouillon cube)
- Olive Oil
- Clean Asparagus, cut or snap off woody ends. Place with sliced onion in a baking dish.
- Season heavily with cracked black pepper and lightly with salt, drizzle or spray with olive oil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Place roasted veggies in blender, (Reserve 2-4 Asparagus tips for garnish), add 1/2 package of Tofu (silken best), 1 cup milk, 1 cup broth; Blend.
- Taste, season with more S&P if needed, adjust creaminess with more tofu or thickness with milk or broth.
- Pour into pot to heat up if desired.
- Garnish with Asparagus tips. Options: roasted pine nuts or pumpkin seeds, Parmesan, dollop of creme fraiche, yogurt,or cashew cream