Mom had two of her usual cookie choices for the company to have during the week….Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Toffee and Chocolate Chip. The end of the week we did some more baking to take to Grandpa on the Farm and to freeze for Dad’s hunting trip in September. We made two more of Mom’s specialties (she isn’t crowned the Cookie Queen for nothing!), Ranger Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin and decided to make something new…
Chocolate Chip Pretzel PB Cookie Bar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 apple sauce single serve cup (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips + ¼ cup chocolate chips, for drizzling
- 1½ cups pretzel twists, coarsely chopped+ ¼ cup pretzels, crumbled into bits for topping
- ¼ cup peanut butter, for drizzling
Whisk together flours, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl, set aside.
Beat butter, applesauce and sugars in a standing mixer until fluffy, about 1 minute.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Stir pretzels and chocolate chips into mixture.
Spread the batter in a greased 9×13 pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of pan, then use a spatula to spread them as they melt.
Heat peanut butter in microwave (about 30 seconds).
Sprinkle pretzel bits over chocolate later, then use a fork to drizzle peanut butter over-top.